An all-encompassing 5.5-hour course, delivered through short, fun videos that explain the basic principles of project management and provide the practical tools and techniques necessary for managing any type of project.
Based on the book “Being a Project Manager – A Different Book on Project Management“, this easy-to-follow online course explains the basic principles of project management and provides practical tools and techniques necessary for managing any type of project. The course clearly lays out the path for project managers by walking them through the core elements of the profession – planning, control and communication, and goes on to provide clear and simple project management tools that are easy to implement and make a world of difference when taking on a new project.
So, if a new project has landed on your desk and you’re wondering how you’ll be able to manage it successfully, start the course today. You can be sure it will be time well spent; time in which you’ll learn everything you need, and only what you need, to tackle your next project.
- Initial Planning Overview
- Project Necessity and Feasibility
- Project Goals and Objectives
- Project Critical Success Factors
- Project Stakeholders, Key Players and Affected Parties
- Working Assumptions and Constraints
- Project Life Cycle, Milestones and Deliverables
- Developing a WBS and Rough Estimates
- Creating a General Work Plan
- Preliminary Risk Identification
- Launching the Project
- Initial Planning Summary